Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Foreigner shoplifting in Illinoi - Alternative sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDB

Hi all,

I am a foreigner from europe in holliday in Illinoi.
I got arrested for shoplifting of 1 belt (220$). First time arrested ever (1st offence).
I got charged for misdemeanor and will go to court in 2 weeks.

I understand there are different afternatives to prison which are "probation" and "diversion program". I have a couple of question on these:
- Between probation and diversion program, does it have any impact on my record? When talking about criminal record, is that local or international? At the police station they told me this would never go to interpol.
- Should I ask the Judge to get the one I want? Or just hope he goes for this option? Should I push for probation or diversion program? I am suppose to go home 9 days after the hearing. All I want is to go home.
- Should I negotiate with the state attorney? How to find him? All I received was the bond / bail at the police station with the adress of the court, the date and time of the hearing.
- I heard about getting ingage in "diversion program" before the hearing to show willingness. How to find these program? Do I just walk in and ask to spend my week-end working?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back