foreclosure on late mothers house

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakejosh1

Hi, my late mothers house is going thru foreclosure. I am a co executor of her estate. We are letting the foreclosure go thrru with out a fight. It was supposed to be auctioned at local courthouse the 1st week of this month. I got a letter from the trustee's lawyer the other day stating there was a NOTICE OF DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE. My ? is what does this meam?
Any help will be apprciated.

I got a letter from the trustee's lawyer the other day stating there was a NOTICE OF DISMISSAL WITHOUT PREJUDICE. My ? is what does this meam?

Without prejudice means if the plaintiff wants to re-file the lawsuit again at a later date, if circumstances justify doing so, they can do that.

A dismissal with prejudice is a judgment rendered in a lawsuit on its merits that prevents the plaintiff from bringing the same lawsuit against the same defendant in the future. It is a harsh remedy that has the effect of canceling the action so that it can never again be commenced. A dismissal with prejudice is res judicata as to every issue litigated in the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back