Vehicle Repossession Foreclosure of personal property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsue

I took out a car loan against my title and now I have received a foreclosure of personal property notice. I filed an answer to this and am waiting to get a court date. My problem is that when I came home, I got a voice mail from the attorney of the lender that threatened to have me arrested if I do not turn the car in. I assumed I was safe at least until my court date. Can he have me arrested before we go to court? Or is this some sort of scare tactic that he is using? Thanks in advance!

I took out a car loan against my title and now I have received a foreclosure of personal property notice. I filed an answer to this and am waiting to get a court date. My problem is that when I came home, I got a voice mail from the attorney of the lender that threatened to have me arrested if I do not turn the car in. I assumed I was safe at least until my court date. Can he have me arrested before we go to court? Or is this some sort of scare tactic that he is using? Thanks in advance!

Only a judge can order you to do or not to do something.
Without a court order being PROPERLY served upon you, after the hearing, I suspect you can ignore the caller.

By the way, the caller might not even be an attorney, just a debt collector.
It might behoove you NOT to discuss any of your personal business over any telephone.
You don't know with whom you are conversing.

You aren't required to talk with anyone, either, or answer their questions.
If you are going to lose the lawsuit, you can negotiate giving the care back.

Your call, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back