For my DissoMaster, which of these monthly expenses increase and/or decrease the total child support

Casey C

Jurisdiction
California
For my DissoMaster, which of these monthly expenses increase and/or decrease the total child support that I pay:

1. Mortgage insurance

2. Property taxes

3. Homeowners insurance

4. Child care

5. Groceries and household supplies

6. Eating out

7. Utilities

8. Phone and internet

9. Laundry cost

10. Clothing

11. Entertainment, gifts, vacations

12. Auto expenses (gas, insurance, repairs, etc)

13. Life insurance

14. Monthly debt payments

15. Attorney fees

Also if my father pays for my Roth IRA or my mortgage payments, will that negatively affect me, or be considered as income? If he pays them once and a while, does that make a difference? If my father gifts me a one time lump sum of money, like 10 thousand put into my account, will that be considered income?

For my DissoMaster, which of these monthly expenses increase and/or decrease the total child support that I pay:

1. Mortgage insurance

2. Property taxes

3. Homeowners insurance

4. Child care

5. Groceries and household supplies

6. Eating out

7. Utilities

8. Phone and internet

9. Laundry cost

10. Clothing

11. Entertainment, gifts, vacations

12. Auto expenses (gas, insurance, repairs, etc)

13. Life insurance

14. Monthly debt payments

15. Attorney fees

Also if my father pays for my Roth IRA or my mortgage payments, will that negatively affect me, or be considered as income? If he pays them once and a while, does that make a difference? If my father gifts me a one time lump sum of money, like 10 thousand put into my account, will that be considered income?

You'll need to discuss all of these questions with a CPA or attorney, whose services you retain.

This is far too complex to answer in the abstract, and you don't want to (nor would we allow you to) publish confidential financial matters on the internet.

Probably all of them.

Your original child support obligation should have taken all of those expenses into account when compared to your income.

A substantial change in any of them could cause a change in your child support obligation either up or down.

California Family Code section 4058 defines "income" with respect to calculating child support. Nothing in there specifically includes "gifts" as income but note the first paragraph:

The annual gross income of each parent means income from whatever source derived, except as specified in subdivision (c) and includes, but is not limited to, the following:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=FAM&sectionNum=4058.

"Includes, but is not limited to" gives a judge a great deal of discretion.

Back