1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

FMLA violation?

Discussion in 'Medical Leave & Disability' started by snowyshadow, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowyshadow

snowyshadow Law Topic Starter New Member

I am trying to return to work after 6 weeks on fmla and my employer will not return me to work until I pass an IPCS physical is this legal I thought I just need a return to work from my own doctor. I have failed the test the first time and do get a 2nd chance to take it but they have placed me on personal leave until I retake this test if I fail I will be terminated any advice?

2. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Is an IPSC physical normally required by your job?

3. snowyshadow

no it is not, it is used for new hires and for people returning from leaves.

4. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

And you're returning from a leave, right? So why do you think this is a violation?

5. snowyshadow

But I thought fmla saved your job while you are out, not that you have pass there psychical by there doctors to get your job back.

6. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Let's take this one step at a time. You haven't lost your job yet, and the FMLA statute DOES allow an employer to require a fitness-for-duty certification.

Do you believe that you would pass, or fail, the IPSC physical?

7. snowyshadow

I have read the law and the a fitness for duty is to be from the employees doctor not the employers that's my problem I have one from my doctor that say I can do my job but they say I have to pass this IPCS physical test that I did fail once already.

8. cbg

cbg Super Moderator

Here's the thing.

Technically, you are right that they have to accept the one from your doctor and not require another one. However, a different, but related law (the ADA), gives them the right to require you to take a medical examination after you return to work. So even if you were able to force them to accept your doctor's certification to return to work (and you legally could do that), they could still, legally, require you to take the other physical after you return to work.

Let's go at this another way before we decide on a course of action for you. Why do you think they want you to take the IPCS physical? No prompting from the gallery, please. :)

snowyshadow likes this.
  9. snowyshadow

This test is required for anyone who misses more then 29 days of work, I had abdominal surgery. I just thought that the fmla law would possibly save my job before I get terminated can you tell me more about this ADA law so maybe I can read about it. I still feel this is wrong you should not have to worry about not having a job after surgery or any other medical leave.

10. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

ROFL I have shot the 90 day FMLA period. I wouldn't have a chance in hades of passing my return physical. That said, yes they can require it.

11. guestpost

guestpost New Member

Here Offer the discount MBT sandals shoes online with high-quality 1y

[p]You should definitely complete ones researching the market before starting . Article ugg france soldes Source:www . Afeeter drying out, remember to brush sofeetly . Nike Shox R4 Women has contact various regarding areas . Relatively charged accompanied by advanced boot benefit really soaked up very simple, sophisticated plans to draw in an objective participants . Where can I buy the best range of coloured tights? If you are looking for the very best range of coloured tights then there is one supplier which stands out from the rest . The boots should look as if they are wet, though not as if they are soaked . Ugg boots usually has a different look from other kinds of boots.[/p][p]Read > Shopping How Can You Miss Such UGG ugg france Bailey Button Color pattern-5838? 29th October 2010 It is widely acknowledged that UGG boot is one of the most famous and popular boots all over the world . If you have never purchased high quality trousers before, you should visit a upscale boutique before you decide to buy online . The new 2010collectionof UGG Classic Cardy Boots are simply mind blowing and will captivate your heart and mind immediately when you come across with them . We select grade A sheepskin double face and made from merino wool, so that your children feel very hot when they brought with them . However, prior to placing on the pair by yourself, you may possibly in no way truly know what these footwear deliver to you( Women's Bailey Button Triplet 1873 Chestnut Classic Mini Sale) . Moreover the genuine ones have a wider heel and rounder and longer toe area than the fake Uggs . If you are looking for a pair of quality UGG boots that can ugg france pas cher easily keep your feet warm in winter and cool in the summer months, there are several considerations you need to take into bill.[/p]