Florida - Widow vs. Trust for property

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade88

Before my mother in law's husband passed away he signed his condo over to her. She is now on title and holds a mortgage on it. His children (who live in another state) say that he never owned the condo (even though he was on title with no trust listed and was homesteaded there) and they have produced a trust document which states the condo is theirs. They are suing her and are trying to evict her. They say they will charge her with theft if she removes anything from the property. She is a senior and this is taking a toll on her health. Does she have any rights to this property? Can they evict her? Do they have any claims for rent from her?

Have a local title company in the county where the place is to run a title search on the place.

That should tell you who owns it.

The property was quit claimed to her prior to his death. She had clear title from a title company for the mortgage she put on the property after.

Last edited:
The property was quit claimed to her prior to his death. She had clear title from a title company for the mortgage she put on the property after.

Another excellent reason to have a local title company in the county where the place is to run a title search on the place.

Thank you.

You are welcome.

Do what I advise.

I don't know if you will be happy or sad about the results.

But...at least you will know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back