Fleas before move in

K

Kahof

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hello, I'm inquiring about a situation I am currently facing. I am moving into a new apartment ( have to be out of my current by the 28th) and after moving in a few items I noticed little bugs all over my niece. After some research I found that they were fleas. I immediately went to the office and they said they would Bomb the apt. So the next day I wrote an email asking to switch units as I hadn't really moved anything in yet and a flea treatment takes at least ten days which may or may not work (according to my research). That tells me the apt is not habitable. Upon further discussion of this issue with the property manager on duty, she admitted to knowing the unit had fleas and further proceeded to state they only found them 2 days before I moved in. Well right on the bug bomb it says it takes 10 days to treat. So they knowingly rented a unit with a pest infestation. I moved here from Las Vegas and don't have many options as somewhere to stay. I have a dog that I am terrified to bring here. I'm asking to be moved to a unit that is pest free or a different property of theirs as finding apartments in this city hasn't been easy. Please advise. Thank you for your time.

Wait to see if the management agrees to your demand.

However, I'm betting you'll find more fleas in another unit.
In fact, are you sure those fleas aren't bed bugs?

Wait to see if the management agrees to your demand.

However, I'm betting you'll find more fleas in another unit.
In fact, are you sure those fleas aren't bed bugs?

Thanks for writing. Yes I'm sure we'll I think I am. I've done a lot of looking online and these suckers jump.

Thank you so much for these!! Very informative. I'm thinking since she admitted to knowing the unit had fleas that these are definitely them. I watched them jump. I just got an email stating that my case has been emailed to the asset manager and they will do an investigation.

Thank you so much for these!! Very informative. I'm thinking since she admitted to knowing the unit had fleas that these are definitely them. I watched them jump. I just got an email stating that my case has been emailed to the asset manager and they will do an investigation.

If you have the time, please update us as your equest develops.

Thanks for visiting us.

Not legal, but practical. Sevin dust the carpet/floor. Sevin dust will not harm children, puppies, kittens, etc, but will kill fleas. 24 hours after dusting, vacuum up all the Sevin dust. Job done. No bombs (aka harmful chemicals) work as well.

Back