Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse first offense - ny drug charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

neednyhelp

Hi,
I was recently arrested with 3 of my friends for criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree in new york. (Misdemeanor, NY pl220.03). We all had a small amount of MDMA (ecstasy) on us on our way to a club. I have no prior offenses, and neither do any of my friends. We all were given appearance tickets at the station and have the same court date. I am wondering if it is possible (or likely?) for me to get an ACD for this crime. Any input is appreciated.
Thank you

Hi,
I was recently arrested with 3 of my friends for criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 7th degree in new york. (Misdemeanor, NY pl220.03). We all had a small amount of MDMA (ecstasy) on us on our way to a club. I have no prior offenses, and neither do any of my friends. We all were given appearance tickets at the station and have the same court date. I am wondering if it is possible (or likely?) for me to get an ACD for this crime. Any input is appreciated.
Thank you

Hold your horses, friend.
Don't put the curtain call before the play.
If you play all of your cards correctly, this whole thing might even get kicked entirely, as in nolle prossed.
If it doesn't, follow these five easy steps below!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Act 1: Stop discussing this, anything about this, with anyone but your attorney. We'll get to that by Act 3
Act 2: Plead NOT guilty
Act 3: Hire an attorney or ask the court to appoint one to represent you
Act 4: Work with your attorney to go to trial or get that sweet plea deal, you asked about
Act 5: Patience in all things, and for goodness sakes, stay outta trouble

Last edited:
Thank you, Army Judge, for your response. I am not sure that I completely understand the concept of nolle pross; does this happen often? And is there anything I should do other than those 5 steps to make this more likely to happen?
Thank you for those steps, I am going to be following them to ensure that I can work this out with minimal damage... I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing as my main goal is to hopefully get this off of my record.

Thank you, Army Judge, for your response. I am not sure that I completely understand the concept of nolle pross; does this happen often? And is there anything I should do other than those 5 steps to make this more likely to happen?
Thank you for those steps, I am going to be following them to ensure that I can work this out with minimal damage... I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing as my main goal is to hopefully get this off of my record.

When you hire, or the court appoints you a lawyer; he or she will guide you.
Nolle prosse means the prosecutor dismisses your charges with prejudice.
that is the best thing that can happen and the easiest.
But, not everyone gets so lucky.
Just listen to your lawyer.
If you don't understand, ask your lawyer.
For now, be patient.
This isn't going anywhere fast.
So, relax and wait.
What you seek is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back