Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

martha

I got hurt on the job in March. i have had lots of doctor's and er vists since then. i messed up the nerves in my back which run dowm my leg. workers comp is paying the bills. every doctor's appt or er visit the workers comp rep is there with me. my job sent me a certified letter saying if i didnt return to work by Oct 1 i would be terminated and that they held my job for a while but since i cant work they need to hire someone else. i cant work. i am in so much pain. my orthoprdic doctor says no i will not go back to work this year. they are fixing to put this machine in my back that shocks the nerves in my back running down my legs to see if they can deaden then nerves some. now my question would be " can they really fire me for this. i would think it would be discrimination against me because i am not able to work now.

Since we don't know the specifics of your case and since workman comp laws are state specific, I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to see what can be done. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back