Fired with possible harassment case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenwriter31

Dear Professionals:

I was fired yesterday from a cash advance company. I was a center manager.

My DM (district manager) is horrible to work under. She is mean, condesending, and down right abusive in her reprimands, to many employees.

I found out today, my District Manager is being demoted. Guess who's job she is being given...MINE!

This is a simple case of, "let's fire the new manager and give the District Manager her job!"

During one of her verbally abusive write ups, a customer over heard her repremanding me from the lunch room. The customer said, "I can't listen to this and I have to go." (My employee told me.)

The customer came in last week and I requested she call our Regional Office to complain and she did. Since the DAY I started with this "fire happy" District Manager, I was told my job was on the line by the Assistant Store Mgr I replaced. I was also told by a manager with nine years in the company, that so many people quit when this District Mgr first became a DM, a higher up in our company pulled her aside and said knock off whatever you're doing. (Apparently it didn't work.)

I have been in tears, sometimes close to being hysterical many times. I've cried in front of both security guards, called two other managers crying, have cried infront of my staff. Please understand, my staff has also been brought to tears over this District Manager's cruel behavior. This "is" an at will company and we can be fired for any reason.

Also, when I accepted this job three months ago, it cut off my unemployment benefits which were just approved for an extention. (I'm in Central California.)

The other problem is; in order to get our "daily" work load finished, myself and my employees have clocked out and continued working (in fear of being fired.) And I'm the only person who ever asked, "why doesn't anyone take breaks?"

This District Manager "tried" to make me quit. I just found the former manager at my center was also pushed to quit and didn't. She has a court date this Tuesday as she's suing for unemployment from this company.

Do I contact the labor board? The EDD office?

All advice is truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Screenwriter31

You apply for unemployment and look for a new job. Nothing you have posted provides you with legal recourse.

Thank you.

I failed to mention that I was also fired because I didn't bring my store within guidelines. (What that means - is getting all the past due clients, or a major portion of them, to pay us back.)

Since that was one of the reasons I was fired, why weren't ALL the other managers fired on the same day?
NONE of the stores are within guidelines.

(I just found out that the manager from last year "is" suing them for this reason.) Myself or the previous manager "can't" make people pay us back.

Thanks again.

Nothing you have added changes the answer.

The law does not require that all employees be treated the same. It only requires that any differences in treatment not be based in a characteristic protected by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back