Fired then resigned with agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugottabekidding

On august 26th I was terminated for alleged computer use violation. I was not the only employee violating the computer use policy but the only one being disciplined to the degree that it was occuring. The policy was not enforce when I was hired. In fact there was no policy regarding computer use when I was hired. The policy came out in late 2007. Time limits were given verbally and through email but there was no time limit spelled out in the policy. The only limits ever mentioned were " excessive use" and that was not defined. Several attempts were made to find out how I was supposed to be keeping track of my time on the internet and I was never told anything useful. I was eventually terminated for violation of this policy. My internet privileges were suspended permanently after the 2nd time limit violation. They were susposed to be suspended at my request as I did not want to have disciplnary action against me when there were no real ways to keep track of my time. There was not training given after this policy was put in force even when asked for. In the case they used against me they used several emails sent to me regarding suspension of my internet privileges. The company's own policy stated that electronic mail was for informal communication only. I did not take these email as disciplinary action against me. Jumping to the current time now....

I have since then been approaced by the county attorney through a letter stating that he understood I would like to resign and if so I should contact him, have a letter ready, and sign paperwork which stated they agreed to drop any and all claims against me and I will do the same. This letter came days before a hearing with unemployment was scheduled to fight the claim denial and after I submitted a letter of appeal to appeal the decision made to terminate me. This is county policy and I was just following the process. I was told today that the person who fired me is saying that there were many reasons to terminate me but they allowed me to resign so it would look better for me. This to me doesn't sound like they have dropped any and all claims against me. So I question whether or not they will tell my next employer that I was fired or resigned and if the latter how much more they will include.

My main goals by agreeing to resign were that I be cleared of any wrong doing and have a good recommendation from that employer. It doesn't sound like that is going to happen. What do you guys think? Are they in violation of the agreement we made? What avenues to I have to take here? I also have a good bit of proof of discrimination against me. It deals with job requirements not being met and some people taking a cut in pay and others not for the same requirement not being met. Also why was I being disciplined more than others for the same computer use policy violation? I know there's alot here and Ill answer any and all questions to clarify.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back