fighting restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisz880715

me and my ex broke up a while ago and we had agreed to be friends until her new boyfriend kept interfering and it caused conflict between us and we would constantly verbally fight. mostly over text messaging. since we are both 17 her parents put a restraining order on me and said i was threatening her and that i was warned by law officials. those are both lies. we recently went to court for the hearing and they lied in court and made me sound like a psycho. they were granted the permanent restraining order for 1 year. since im still in high school all of the drama created by this restraining order has ruined my life basically. even at my job because they had the papers served there. i was wondering what the best way to fight this and get it lifted because it is not necessary i never would lay a hand on her and harm her. also is there any other legal action i could potentially take against them?

You can ask your parents to hire an attorney for you and you can try and take the odrder back to court. Your chance to show that you were not a threat was in court the first time around. Unless you can prove they were lying, what new information can you bring to court to show you are NOT a threat?

Or, you can live with the one year order and abide by it.

- Carl

well this was my first time being in court and i was nervous and i believe i left out important details. if we go back with an attorney all of the evidence i have that i am not a threat would be put forth. alll i want is the order to be lifted because its ruining any sort of reputation i have because i am not a violent of relentless person. i can get witnesses, text messages, letters of character stuff like that. also about a month ago her new boyfriend picked a fight with me and i defended myself and all of it was caught on tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back