Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Felony dui, conflict of interest

Alli

Jurisdiction
California
I'm facing felony dui charges with inflicting great bodily injury , it was a bad accident but I'm the one who was critically hurt. My passager was able to get out of the car without assistance I think she sustained a minor whiplash And they kept her in the hospital for observation because her labs came back positive for methamphetamines not for her Injuries,and she was actually partying and at clubs within less than a week after the accident. As I said I was the one who was critically hurt I sustained a brain injury broke my neck and had to be on a breathing machine for my first day in the hospital and they actually put that I denied them a sample, I also think conflict of interest has a lot to do with my charges the detective on my case is my exs new father in law, should I be worried? I'm hoping I can get the charges reduces and some dropped this has just been ridiculous to go through.
Thank you

The detective on your case has nothing to do with the charges. He merely investigates. It's the DA's office that decides what charges are to be brought.

I'm facing felony dui charges with inflicting great bodily injury , it was a bad accident but I'm the one who was critically hurt. My passager was able to get out of the car without assistance I think she sustained a minor whiplash And they kept her in the hospital for observation because her labs came back positive for methamphetamines not for her Injuries,and she was actually partying and at clubs within less than a week after the accident. As I said I was the one who was critically hurt I sustained a brain injury broke my neck and had to be on a breathing machine for my first day in the hospital and they actually put that I denied them a sample, I also think conflict of interest has a lot to do with my charges the detective on my case is my exs new father in law, should I be worried? I'm hoping I can get the charges reduces and some dropped this has just been ridiculous to go through.
Thank you

What's ridiculous that in this day and age, there are people DUMB enough to imbibe alcohol, ingest illegal drugs, abuse prescription drugs and then drive in a inebriated, intoxicated condition on our public streets and highways.

Even more ridiculous, some of these cretins nearly kill their passengers and blame the system.

Here's a clue, genius, OBEY their laws.

If you DISOBEY any of THEIR laws, they'll make YOU pay!!!

Yes, I would be worried if I were you. Hopefully you have a lawyer already - you need one. You need to ask your lawyer any questions you might have.

Back