fell in hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

einstein

I was crossing a street, in the crosswalk. Watching for cars both ways when I stepped in a hole. It was a water main where they shut off water. The cover was missing. I didn't see the hole because of water being on the surface. Suffered a sprained ankle, a puncture would in my leg, numerous bruises. We found the cover on the sidewalk against the building. Filed a police report, stll waiting for that. Have a meeting with an attorney on Friday. Do I have a Case?

You never know when you bring a case against a governmental body.

Meet with the attorney and see what you can learn.

From what you say, it sounds as if you did all the right things to document your injuries.

Governments have what is called sovereign immunity.

It can be overcome, but it isn't easy.

You'll just have to wait and see.

I would suggest you to keep seeing a medical professionals and documenting your damages!!!!!

PROOF IS VERY, VERY HELPFUL!!!!

While army is right about sovereign immunity they usually waive it up to 25k dollars or so. You have a case, see an attorney. You aren't going to be a millionaire but you will get your med bills paid.

Fell in a Hole

Army Judge is Right On, Einstein!

The police report will be very important in order for your attorney to evaluate your position. It will be the "freshest", on the scene account of what you experienced as well as the officer's own witnessing of the environmental conditions.

Personal Injury Liability is sometimes easy to prove and sometimes not. As the Army Judge said, keep very good records/diary of everything.

Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back