Father wants to sign over parental rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of on the fence on this one, but this is what I believe. I think it is unfair that a woman has the right to end a pregnancy if she realizes it was a mistake, but the father does not. Many times women get pregnant knowing good and well what they are doing, but a few months later realize that they have made a mistake and have an abortion. But for some reason people don't think it should work the other way around. My brother's ex-girlfriend became pregnant, and they were both very excited about it. However 2 months later, she decided she was not ready for a child and had an abortion. She did not tell my brother until after the fact, and he was devistated! Woman have the choice to "fix" their mistake, but men have to sit back and allow the mother to make all the choices.

If this man realized that making this child was a mistake, and wanted to end the pregnancy, I believe that if you decide to have this child, you are doing it on your own. Of couse the law disagrees and will support your desire to get child support, but they can never force him to have anything to do with you or your child.

Duranie said:
Sanguru, yes I totally agree with you!!

Medical technology has not allowed men to establish birth control, with the exception of a vasectomy, or conom usage.

With that said, the burden of birth control does fall on us women. Birth control does work MOST of the time. I have been on off and on since I was 18 and never got pregnant until I went off. I also don't buy it when most women say "I was on it" yeah right!! Taking it wrong, or not taking it at all does not count. I think some women are just to embarrased to explain why they got pregnant with a guy they barely know, it is easier to make up a white lie and to say that the birth control failed.

Kenkaikim, there are non estrogen related methods of birth control. Maybe you should look into the mini pill, or the depo shot. Since you are not on birth control, you need to enforce condom usage, or don't have sex, unless a few years from now you want several kids from different deadbeats.

Also, withdrawl is not very reliable BUT withdrawl with either a sponge, or spermicide may help prevent something. Using something is better than nothing.

It is just sad that the kids face the repercussions of their parents actions.

please note not all birth control works like it should. i was on depo- shot and it did not work it may be possible that most women dont take it right but thats not the case of all women in my case would be like saying the nurse didnt give me the shot the right way but i do agree with somethings u say but not all... but hey thats what makes us all different

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back