1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

father from abroad

Discussion in 'Child Custody & Visitation' started by danieltrifunovic, Dec 1, 2018.

1. danieltrifunovic

danieltrifunovic Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    British Columbia
    I have 9 years old son in Victoria BC living with his mom and possibly new family. I am legally his father, he has my last name. I have spent first 3 years of his life 24/7 with him. Took a big role in his early life. Once the differences and disagreements betwen me and his mom, and my visitor status issues in Canada split us up I was coming once a year for two months. For last 3 years I completely lost contact with him because his mom decided so.

What options do I have in getting some type of right to stay in touch with him and visit him.

I live in Serbia but I have citizenships of both Serbia and Croatia.

Thank you

Blessings!

2. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

No one here is very familiar with Canadian law - this site is primarily for US law issues.

On one of your visits to Canada you should sit down with a family law attorney and discuss your issues.

3. danieltrifunovic

danieltrifunovic Law Topic Starter New Member

It has offered me British Columbia in jurisdiction list. Hopefully someone might help. Thank you

4. Highwayman

Highwayman Well-Known Member

Regardless of what was on the jurisdiction list, you cannot deal with this issue from Europe. This is not a do-it-yourself matter, even for a local.

You need to speak with a BC attorney who deal with divorce and family law.

danieltrifunovic likes this.