"father" filed for joint custody,,what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPA

I filled the custody papers out for joint custody and never handed them in hoping that I could get a mutual agreement between me and hub. There was pretty close agreement (fair) near my verbal deadline and the next day he told me that I couldnt use the car, couldnt take any money out without his permission, couldnt go anywheres...etc. Next thing I know I got served with papers with him petitioning joint custody. What do I do know? I cant afford a lawyer,,(have no income at the time) Can I file my papers that I have? On his petition he stated that I am mentally unstable, bipolar and that he is in fear of his safety as well as my childrens. I am not at all any of what he mentioned! I work with handicap children and love my job now Im afraid I will get fired b/c he called my boss and told her what I mentioned above. What do I do with all of these false accusations? Please help,,,,thx

What is so wrong with him having joint custody? It is being awarded more and more now anyways. Determine if you have the momey and time to fight him on it. Joint custody does not mean no child support or 50/50 parenting time.

thankyou for the reply,,,,,
Its not so much the fact that he filed for joint custody I want him to be involved but I was more afraid of the fact that he filed 1st and made those aweful aqusations and that he would end up have primary custody. My children are my everything and I cant even think to be without them like that.
Does it matter who files 1st?
The acqusations,,,does he have to have proof of that, cause right now they are just his opinions? or do I have to go get myself evaluated to proove his opinions wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back