Father doesn't pay Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

maff90

Hi all,

My name is Matthew U. and im 17 years old, my parents are divorced since 11 years now, and my father who is a U.S citizen who lives currently in Kiel, Germany hasn't paid 1 cent in child support for me since 11 years. My father Herbert U., claims he has no money, but he is obligated in paying child support. My mother Miriam B. is a single mother who needs support in these hard economic times. Is there a way that obligate my father to pay child support and make up for those 11 years?

I thank you very much

Hi all,

My name is Matthew U. and im 17 years old, my parents are divorced since 11 years now, and my father who is a U.S citizen who lives currently in Kiel, Germany hasn't paid 1 cent in child support for me since 11 years. My father Herbert U., claims he has no money, but he is obligated in paying child support. My mother Miriam B. is a single mother who needs support in these hard economic times. Is there a way that obligate my father to pay child support and make up for those 11 years?

I thank you very much
Your mother can certainly go to court for contempt of the order, but it will be hard to enforce since your father lives in Germany. If he works for a US company or is in the military, it may be easier to recoup the support. In any case, your mother should contact an attorney with experience in international family law.

ETA: There may be a statute of limitations in some states regarding the collection of back support.

Last edited:
hire a lawyer and get the failure to pay the order noted then if he ever comes back to the US he can be arrested but cant do anything when hes outside the borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back