Father and Mother both have joint custody but one is keeping child from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenssherri

My Daughter has been at her mothers for two weeks. In divorce degree which we have followed for last ten years, I get her through the week she gets her Thursday thru Sunday. Her Mother will not answer or return calls. What should I do?

Have you requested the local police do a welfare check?

Does your order address summer visitation?

Would you mind typing - word for word minus names - what your order actually says?

I would call the police. Have you tried going over to check if you are allowed to do so?

I am so sick and tired of seeing parents do this to their children. I am a victim of the same thing and have been reading posts before I put mine up. I am very embarrassed to post my story but after reading the reputation of some of the people who answer these questions, I know I will get a fair, honest assessment and NOT a sales pitch.

I do know in my own state, that when a parent won't bring the child home or drop them off for a holiday visit, the police WON'T do anything but go to the offending parents house and ask them to return the child/children. If the parent says "no" the police tell you to file a report at their offices and that it is a civil matter.

I know 2 weeks is a long time, but because my ex has a spouse with an endless supply of money, I am always pro-se and haven't seen my child since the day after Christmas. When I show up for his sport events his dad or step mom call the police on me. The police are getting pretty pissed about the baseless phone calls and tell THEM that I am NOT doing anything wrong and that they are tired of the calls.

Yes, I am taking him to court and it's 10 days away. Oh and I have a visit scheduled tomorrow but, I'm not holding my breath that he will show up. I just know that when I talk to my son on the phone that he is exhibiting deep depression because of this.

I wish you the best and would file a "Motion for Contempt, and a Motion to Modify" your custody arrangement so you get her attention. After awhile, the judge will do what's in the best interest of the child. Those 5 words are burned into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back