Business Contracts Family Texas Corporation BAD-Breakup! - Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisg123

My Sister and I agreed to buy a business in TX.
We bought the business for ~1million
She put $300k down and I put in 0
I was hired for my experience and to run/operate the business, she has no experience.
We both have 50% stock in the LLC - there is no buy sell agreement.
The business is worth ~500k and the land/building is worth about 1.5m
She decided to 'fire' me for various non-legal reasons.
She said she would pay me weekly indefinitely but has stopped paying me anything or communicating with me.

I would like to be bought out or sell off my stock in the company OR at least be paid weekly.

Also, I didn't take a paycheck for the two years we worked on the business.

What steps should I take prior to and including legal action if it looks like I have a case?

Thanks!

My Sister and I agreed to buy a business in TX.
We bought the business for ~1million
She put $300k down and I put in 0
I was hired for my experience and to run/operate the business, she has no experience.
We both have 50% stock in the LLC - there is no buy sell agreement.
The business is worth ~500k and the land/building is worth about 1.5m
She decided to 'fire' me for various non-legal reasons.
She said she would pay me weekly indefinitely but has stopped paying me anything or communicating with me.

I would like to be bought out or sell off my stock in the company OR at least be paid weekly.

Also, I didn't take a paycheck for the two years we worked on the business.

What steps should I take prior to and including legal action if it looks like I have a case?

Thanks!

I suggest you discuss this PRIVATELY with a locl lawyer. Don't reveal confidential details here. See a lawyer. Frankly, I don't see much for you, but a private legal conversation can't hurt. Mst lawyers offer the initial conversation free of charge and obligation. Look around, select one, visit him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back