Family problems

Urwrstnghtmare2

Jurisdiction
Illinois
A family member had broken up with her boyfriend and moved out of his home so she needed money
She was selling her car so I gave her $2000 for the car and lent her another $2000 . The car was being worked on so we agreed that when she got the car back she would give it to me.
Her and her boyfriend got back together and she decided that she was keeping the car and all of my money. The two of them told my father they were going to have someone kill me if I didn't leave the issue alone. One night they showed up at my house banging on my door and my neighbor came out of his house to see what was going on and her boyfriend stabbed him 3 times. He is currently in Cook county and she has disappeared. Is there any way for me to try to get my money back?

Is there any way for me to try to get my money back?

You appear to be involved with two POTENTIAL psychotic KILLERS!

If you don't wish to ASSUME room temperature, you might just leave it be!!!

She was selling her car so I gave her $2000 for the car

So...you bought her car - i.e., in exchange for $2,000, she signed the title over to you, you submitted the change of title to the DMV, and you took possession of the car. Sounds like you did not take possession, but are the other things correct?

The car was being worked on so we agreed that when she got the car back she would give it to me.

Meaning the car was in the possession of someone else who was working on it, and the agreement was that, once the work was done and the mechanic returned possession to your family member, she would turn over possession to you. Correct?

Her and her boyfriend got back together and she decided that she was keeping the car and all of my money. The two of them told my father they were going to have someone kill me if I didn't leave the issue alone.

OK...and you did or did not report this to the police? If so, what action did the police take. If not, why not?

One night they showed up at my house banging on my door and my neighbor came out of his house to see what was going on and her boyfriend stabbed him 3 times. He is currently in Cook county

Do you know where in Cook County he is and, if so, have you reported what you know to the police? If not, why not?

Is there any way for me to try to get my money back?

Doubtful. You could sue her, but how would you collect on the judgment? She doesn't sounds like the sort of person who maintains a bank account or a regular job.

Have you reported the car as stolen?

She was my baby cousin that I haven't seen in 10 years so the title was never exchanged or anything never transferred to me it was just an agreement with a family member that I thought I could trust . He 'is in Cook County Jail , after the two of them were on the run for 6 months he was caught and I have no clue where she is.

I was helping the police try to find them while they were missing so the police know the entire story and nothing was done about it except for him being arrested for stabbing my neighbor who by the way did survive

Back