Family Maintenance Enforcement Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moberly

My ex-husband lives in Queensland and I live in Victoria, B.C. He has no paid any child support and or any court ordered costs. (FMEP) cannot offer much assistance as he is not a residence of B.C. Canada. He has no assets under his name, can I do something to suspend his passport, international driver's license, etc.
I need to do this by myself as I now cannot afford a lawyer.
Thank you in advance.

I doubt you would ever find a Federal Law to uphold such unconstitutional suspensions of which you speak.

Even in B.C., I would assume they have some forms at the clerks office. Get one for contempt of court(or whatever Canada calls it.).

The bad part is, he is pretty much judgement proof from what you have posted. If he ain't got it, you can't have it.

Thank you for the information, is there anything that can be done here, I am so frustrated as he operates a business that he conveniently have under his mom's name. All his assets are either under her name or his brothers. During all of this he is travelling the world at my child's expense. Sad part is that I allow him to talk to his kid but it is I alone that has to financially support raising his kid. It seems so unfair that people like him can easily walk away from their financial reponsibilities. I am at my wits end so if there is anything that can be done (without the cost of lawyers as not only they financially drained me but my ex-husband as well) I really would like to know.
Regards

Thank you, will keep trying.
Have another question if you can help me on, if my ex states on paper that he is not the owner of his company and just a director (he said he doesn't get paid) but during our marriage he was writing personal cheques for my child's school fees and other personal / family expenses. Is there a way I can link him to this company to show that he is the actual owner and force him to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back