Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Falsely accused of sexual abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ax4241

Recently I was accused of molesting my 3 year old step daughter and need help on what I should do in the current situation to help prove my innocence and stay out of trouble. Her father is the one accusing me and even has her telling doctor's I'm doing things to her. My wife knows it's not true because her 3 year old is such a mama's girl that I have NEVER been left alone with her.

One doesn't have to PROVE their innocence, unless they are guilty.

Under our legal system, the prosecution must prove your guilt.

You have the right to remain silent.

I advise most of my client's to use it.

One is rarely able to talk themselves out of these situations.

You should hire a lawyer (or if this is a criminal case, work with your public defender), to prepare your defense.

These are serious charges, and I hope for the child's sake they are untrue.

Otherwise, you know where you'll end up and how you'll be received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As I understand the law, you are not guilty until you are proved to be. However, the severity of this type of crime definatly alters how others percieve you.

Army Judge's suggestion to get legal help and allow them to talk on your behalf is the best choice you can make. Far to much is at stake to risk challenging the allegations yourself if you are indeed innocent. Which I hope is the case.

I would actually agree with both the other answers. My first question though is how far has this gone? How do you know the father is making these accusations to the doctor? Has the doctor reported them? Is there an investigation? Is there any physical corroboration for the accusations? Does the child say you have done anything?

If no one has filed a complaint against you I would hit the father with a slander letter telling him to cease and desist. If he has no hard evidence against you, making such an allegation in public is definitely per se slander and I would stop it cold.

If there is an investigation then I would keep my mouth shut and consult an attorney. Stay away from being alone with the child and follow your attorney's advice to the letter. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SPEAK WITH ANYONE ABOUT THIS WITHOUT YOUR ATTORNEY PRESENT. I would repeat that but if you don't get it now repeating it won't help.

If the cops come, or Child services come, DO NOT talk to them without your attorney present. Even if they take you to jail for a brief time do not talk.

Well thankfully my step daughter was referred to someone who deals with this kind of stuff and they found absolutely nothing. So they are still doing an investigation but said I'm most likely not getting charged with anything because my step daughter isn't saying anything, just her father

Well thankfully my step daughter was referred to someone who deals with this kind of stuff and they found absolutely nothing. So they are still doing an investigation but said I'm most likely not getting charged with anything because my step daughter isn't saying anything, just her father

If "they" are are the police and are still doing an investigation, then you need to be mindful of everything you say or do. This type of crime makes skin crawl and causes a very emotional reaction. Who is it that said you are not likely getting charged?

The police said it. We got my step daughter back today and was notified that the investigation is over and I am not being charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back