Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Falsely Accused Law Abiding Citizen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheatedJustice

On August 13, 2012, in Nashville, 4 police officers apprehended me due to 3 outstanding warrants. The 3 main charges against me were 'Prostitution', 'Criminal Impersonation', and 'Pedestrian Soliciting Rides'. The 3 others were 'Failure To Appear' and 'Evading Arrest'. I plead guilty to evading arrest.

I never got proper notice of an assigned court date sometime these past 8 months because they sent the documents to the wrong address, an address I have never used on any government or court forms.

The plaintiff was another woman who used to be homeless I met 4 years ago and have NOT seen her in 2 years. Very shocked she would do this.

The 'Prostitution' charge happened on January 4 2012 and 'Criminal Impersonation' with 'Pedestrian Soliciting Rides' on January 25, 2012. I remember on both dates I was not anywhere near the locations listed in the affidavits but unfornately I don't think I have any type of alibi to help me.

I spent 4 days in jail and saw my public defender on the last day, who I think could be faulted as incompetent because she tried to rush me thru too quickly and was the first laywer who treated me as guilty. I had to reapeat about 3 times this was a total false accusation to her in motivating her to giving me a 'no contest' plea from the district attorney. Unforuntately I forgot to inquire about the evidence against me from the courts and police and I did go into the courtroom the same day to say 'Yes' to a few questions the judge asked me of none I don't remember well in criminal court. I hope I did not waiver my right to appeal as I signed 2 sheets of court documents. They did not even tell me anything about the evidence against me. No video, audio, or photographic evidence shown at all.

I want to get the 'Prostitution' charge dropped, and the other 2 (Criminal Impersonation and Pedestrian Soliciting Rides) if possible. Can my case be appealed? (I know that public defender's name and to request a different one next time).

How do I appeal in the state courts in the state of Tennessee? (its a state case) Very much a layman in all this.

If you pled guilty, or copped a plea, that constitutes your waiver of your rights to appeal your plea.

You don't get a second bite from an apple you've already eaten.

You could have pled not guilty and requested a jury trial. That right is never denied. Why? It's always done in open court on the record.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I did tell the public defender on that day I wanted to plead not guilty but she would not let me. She said I could only have a 'no contest' option according to the district attorney. I did plead 'no contest'.

I never saw any review of evidence against me whatsoever.

Last edited:
You can plea however you like regardless of what the attorney tells you. When you plead no contest the judge when on to explain what that meant and ensured you understood. That would have been one of the things you said "yes" to that you say you can't recall now.

You say you plead guilty to evading arrest. You entered "no contest" to the rest? Were you convicted on all charges? Were any of them dismissed?

Have you been ordered to return to court at a later date for any reason?

If sentencing hasn't taken place you might have more options. If the court is done with you then your only real option is to have the conviction expunged, and that will take quite a bit of time and a lot of luck.

I'll admit I just found out only yesterday that a 'failure to answer a plea' means the judge has to mark you as not guilty. Wish I knew this on that day.

I told the public defender 3 times I am not guilty and will not plea as such but she said I can't do that, and the only other option was to contend to this plea bargaining from the district attorney.

I'll admit I just found out only yesterday that a 'failure to answer a plea' means the judge has to mark you as not guilty. Wish I knew this on that day.

I told the public defender 3 times I am not guilty and will not plea as such but she said I can't do that, and the only other option was to contend to this plea bargaining from the district attorney.

A failure to plea (standing mute or an unresponsive defendant) simply requires the judge to enter a plea of not guilty.
There is no state in this nation that uses your refusal to answer to enter ANY plea for any defendant.
Just obey the law, and you'll never have to experience any of this.
One way to do that, simply MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back