Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI false positive SRAM alert while cleaning a basement flood

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenjen

After a DWI and then a hot PBT i was ordered to wear a SCRAM. I have not had anything to drink, not a drop since that PBT. 3 weeks into this (still out on bond) my unit alerts as a tamper then confirmed alcohol ingestion during the exact same hours i was salvaging items out of our basement flood, exact same hours. This is a false positive. Many items were in the water including about 25 paintings (childrens from HS and college) some water color some oil. I am concerned at the very least i was handling items that were in contaminated water for 4 hours including paint and paint thinner items. I had rain boots on no socks and my sweats shoved into the boots (my device had been documented previously as being loose). My husband is my only witness but i have supportive conversation with the restoration people that the water was certainly contaminated. There is a generous and alarming amount of false positive information on the internet as well and some well referenced flaws with SCRAM. I am concerned that since i got it by having a hot PBT the PA and judge will not accept the truth and i will have a bond violation with jail time. Have you heard of this type of situation and any online references i can go to?

Yes, I've heard of people claiming that the device gave a false positive, but I've never seen them prove it.

I do know of one case where within 15 minutes of the occurrence, the person went to a hospital and had a blood test done to PROVE his contention. He managed to save himself by doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back