FALSE IMPRISONMENT ASSAULT BATTERY AND DIVORCE

R

ROADRUNNER

Jurisdiction
Alabama
My wife and i have been married for 18 years. before my wife and i started dating, my 4 yr old and her 4 yr old played after church every sunday together before everyone went home. thats what brought us together. when we married in 199, while she was 20 and i was 30, we had a good 3 yr honeymoon period. we had our disagreements but no slander nor put downs at family get togethers. about 8 yrs into the marriage, she started putting me down, belittling me in front of the kids. undermining my instruction to the kids in relations to tv, internet, bedtime, etc. it got so bad, in 2008 i started recording the conversations when we got in big arguements. i felt like i deserved to be put down, belittled, etc., so i didnt really take up for myself. in 2012 i started doing video recordings of arguments. i have 2 seperate videos of 2 seperate times in less than 6 months where i barricaded the bedroom door and she busted in... one time of her beating a 3" x 30" hole in door to get to door knob and coming in. i have a video of her coming after me with a knife, and another time of her locking me in the bedroom (false imprisonment in 2012) and as i yelled her telling me our girls cant hear me cause she has their radio turned up and a towel in front of bottom of door so they couldnt hear. i had to bust down the door to get out. except for the FALSE IMPRISONMENT of 2012, the rest was in past 6 months plus she sucker punched me 6 weeks ago (which i blocked from my face) for popping my daughter on her butt for the first time in OVER 12 months... (1) even though she has done nothing to the kids as far as hurting them, do i have a good chance of getting custody, or atleast joint custody, because of her temper? (2) also, with her getting a job now making $40,000+ a year thanks to me asking my dad to pay for 2 more years of her college, can i get allimony for the psychological and emotional abuse she put me thru?? i have LOTS of audio and video evidence of these things happening for the past 6 moths mostly and back to 2012 of videos and 2009 of audios...

My wife and i have been married for 18 years. before my wife and i started dating, my 4 yr old and her 4 yr old played after church every sunday together before everyone went home. thats what brought us together. when we married in 199, while she was 20 and i was 30, we had a good 3 yr honeymoon period. we had our disagreements but no slander nor put downs at family get togethers. about 8 yrs into the marriage, she started putting me down, belittling me in front of the kids. undermining my instruction to the kids in relations to tv, internet, bedtime, etc. it got so bad, in 2008 i started recording the conversations when we got in big arguements. i felt like i deserved to be put down, belittled, etc., so i didnt really take up for myself. in 2012 i started doing video recordings of arguments. i have 2 seperate videos of 2 seperate times in less than 6 months where i barricaded the bedroom door and she busted in... one time of her beating a 3" x 30" hole in door to get to door knob and coming in. i have a video of her coming after me with a knife, and another time of her locking me in the bedroom (false imprisonment in 2012) and as i yelled her telling me our girls cant hear me cause she has their radio turned up and a towel in front of bottom of door so they couldnt hear. i had to bust down the door to get out. except for the FALSE IMPRISONMENT of 2012, the rest was in past 6 months plus she sucker punched me 6 weeks ago (which i blocked from my face) for popping my daughter on her butt for the first time in OVER 12 months... (1) even though she has done nothing to the kids as far as hurting them, do i have a good chance of getting custody, or atleast joint custody, because of her temper? (2) also, with her getting a job now making $40,000+ a year thanks to me asking my dad to pay for 2 more years of her college, can i get allimony for the psychological and emotional abuse she put me thru?? i have LOTS of audio and video evidence of these things happening for the past 6 moths mostly and back to 2012 of videos and 2009 of audios...
I just signed up and registered as ROADRUNNER after making this post... so ALSO can i INSIST she move out in 7 days time or less, or can she legally stay there even though i have all the videos and audios PROVING what she has done? AND can i legally put a steel door on the master bedroom and move her stuff out so i can go behind a safe door she cant beat a hole thru to get to me to keep arguing and putting me down??

I just signed up and registered as ROADRUNNER after making this post... so ALSO can i INSIST she move out in 7 days time or less, or can she legally stay there even though i have all the videos and audios PROVING what she has done? AND can i legally put a steel door on the master bedroom and move her stuff out so i can go behind a safe door she cant beat a hole thru to get to me to keep arguing and putting me down??

If its your home, you could build yourself a concrete bunker.

assuming i am a decent person (no drugs, boos, cussing, etc.), its just we see things differently about raising the kids, And she goes overboard (not losing control) in her reactions to the point of things i mentioned above, is there a good possibility of allimony. also, as long as i do NOT press charges, the state can't press charges for what she did to me if it comes out in court can they??? i not wanting her in jail... just divorce, joint custody, and financial compensation for what i went thru and now she will be making more than me...

assuming i am a decent person (no drugs, boos, cussing, etc.), its just we see things differently about raising the kids, And she goes overboard (not losing control) in her reactions to the point of things i mentioned above, is there a good possibility of allimony. also, as long as i do NOT press charges, the state can't press charges for what she did to me if it comes out in court can they??? i not wanting her in jail... just divorce, joint custody, and financial compensation for what i went thru and now she will be making more than me...

No one can ever say with certainty what the government will do.

I suggest you visit a couple attorneys and discuss your concerns.
The first visit is often provided without cost.

Videos and recordings from 8 years ago are worthless. If you want to divorce, file for divorce. Locking you in a room is NOT false imprisonment, and as it was 4 years ago, it also is going to have zero bearing on now. If she has never hurt the children, then the chances she would lose any and all custody of them is nil. Who might get primary custody or how you might share custody is not something which can be predicted over a message board. There are a million factors which come into play, not the least of which is what either or you might want and agree upon.

Back