false domestic violence restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awillregina

I recently applied for an apartment and when the delivery to my background check domestic violence case or domestic violence protection order came up against me and I was on informed that it came up that it was on my background I never got the papers and wasn't informed of court go to court I didn't know about it until just a couple weeks ago and I want to know how I can fix this because I lived there and then I moved out a few months after I moved out the dude goes and Files another one and I didn't even know about I didn't get served the papers or even told I had to go to court. this is almost a year ago and I'm just now finding out about it that's not OK. can you help me please?

I recently applied for an apartment and when the delivery to my background check domestic violence case or domestic violence protection order came up against me and I was on informed that it came up that it was on my background I never got the papers and wasn't informed of court go to court I didn't know about it until just a couple weeks ago and I want to know how I can fix this because I lived there and then I moved out a few months after I moved out the dude goes and Files another one and I didn't even know about I didn't get served the papers or even told I had to go to court. this is almost a year ago and I'm just now finding out about it that's not OK. can you help me please?

If a valid order of protection has been issued, not much you can do without an attorney to change it.
See a local attorney or two and see what advice and information you can gather.
The initial consultation is normally offered free of charge.
More than likely its too late, but you'll know more after seeing a couple licensed attorneys in your county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back