False allegations

Virginia41

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Hi, my husband and I called the law on our son for molesting our daughter and now the department of family and children service are providing false allegations against my husband and I saying that we did not give our son medical help and that is the reason our son did what he did. The last psychologist that we took him to encouraged my son to do what he did and every time I tell dfacs about the people we took him to for help and what they did, dfacs wants to defend them. I have never ran into a situation where dfacs is breaking the law. I need advice on what to do. Thanks.

Hire a lawyer, or demand the matter be bound over to court, where you can ask for a public defender, and your son will receive one, too.

Hire a lawyer, or demand the matter be bound over to court, where you can ask for a public defender, and your son will receive one, too.
Thanks and I also have supporting evidence to back my case up. Is it possible that I can file a law suit against the dfacs for these wrongful allegations even though they work for the government?

Thanks and I also have supporting evidence to back my case up. Is it possible that I can file a law suit against the dfacs for these wrongful allegations even though they work for the government?

Anyone can file a lawsuit at anytime.

If I were in your shoes I'd fight one battle before getting involved in another.

Just so I understand you, you are claiming the psychologist told your son to molest his sister?? And you didn't immediately yank your kid out of "therapy" with this person and take him to someone else (assuming this actually happened, which I have a very difficult time believing)? Why was the kid in therapy to begin with? It is not at all unusual for parents to be held responsible for one child molesting another. Quite often the offender is a child who has been molested by the parents or with knowledge of the parents.

You can't sue DFACS for protecting your children and investigating you. If you are charged with a crime, you have the same rights as anyone else to dispute those charges in court.

Back