Failed pre-employment drug test

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiouscat

My husband failed a pre-employment drug test back in Dec. (marijuana) for a state agency. Stupid, yes I know. Recently he took another drug test for another job (security) and passed but was denied the job because of the Dec. test results. Will this haunt him for the rest of his job search? Is it the industry (security)? I'm just trying to get an idea on if he should try another industry or what options are out there since all jobs do a background search...thanks.

If it was with the same agency or dept, this will haunt him. He might want to apply with someone entirely different.

It wasn't the same company. The state agency was in GA and the recent interview was with a company in IL. The GA job was security as well. My advice to him is to just tell the employer about those results during future security interviews. He goes into interviews and they love him but when they see the Dec. results, they back away.

ETA: is there anyway to have this information removed? Is it removed after x amount of time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back