Facility closed, laid off but still considered daily employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paronoff

I work (worked) for Technicolor. I am a union employee. Technicolor closed the facility that I worked at. Because I am such a "valuable" employee, I am being called a "daily hire". This occured 90 days ago and they have given me only 7 days of work. I should be eligible for 10 weeks severance which I am exploring with my union (IATSE Local 700). Are there any Federal or State (CA) laws, guidelines or programs I would be eligible for? Any help would be appreciated.

I have registered for unemployment. I was hoping there was some type of re-training available or that the closing of the facility by a multi national corporation would have federal funds for training available.

Supervisor spreading personal information

I have recently be told that I cannot work at my job anymore because of a registry exam the facility requires you to obtain. I have tried numerous times to pass this exam and was unsuccessful each time. This test is not required by the state and is not a national requirement to preform my job. I did, however, ask my employer for educational help in order to pass this exam. I was told no to all questions asked.
After all is said and done, I found out recently that my supervisor has been telling my personal confidential information reguarding this and other issues to my co-workers. How do I go about handling this? Do I even have anything to handle? Do I go to Human Resources or should I just keep my mouth shut? :confused:

paronoff said:
I have registered for unemployment. I was hoping there was some type of re-training available or that the closing of the facility by a multi national corporation would have federal funds for training available.

That's something your local UC office would be able to advise you on. Sometimes these programs exist and sometimes they don't. And when they do exist, they're usually for a specific period of time and have limitations on them regarding geographic area, who is eligible and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back