Expensive slander

R

Reallyconcerned

Jurisdiction
California
Hello,
My exhusband and I divorced in 2007. Last year he challenged the custody agreement of our son,using completely fabricated reasons of why I should loose custody. Long story short: we settled after the court appointed social worker determined that there was no reason to change custody. Here is my question: the lawyer cost me approx. 30k in fees, along with it being the most emotionally stressful time of my life, and a huge burden on my family. Can I sue to get the money back? What about damages to my son, who suffered over us fighting? Allegations were e.g. I moved 30 miles within same county after buying a house, without notifying my exhusband and relocating our son without permission, when I have it all in texts, including search area of house, closing dates, moves dates, even the escrow delay! My exhusband was even congratulatory! Another false allegation was that our son did poorly in school and didn't do his homework, therefor should life under better supervision with my exhusband and new wife- our son received honor roll, while I was in his classroom helping out nearly daily and needless to say: the teachers homework record is sterling. I have proof in abundance, but as phone texts. What can I do?

Can I sue to get the money back? What about damages to my son, who suffered over us fighting

You can sue, but don't expect to receive a dime.
If I were you, I'd endeavor forget stupid, vengeful people, and live my life.

Back