Consumer Fraud Expedia_Lufthansa cancelled valid tickets

kitty9

My husband bougth 2 round tickets from Expedia with Lufthansa from Toronto to Bucharest , one stop in Frankfurt. We have made 2 calls to both to make sure there are not problems and they confirmed everything is ok.In the last day my hubby made a last call to Lufthansa and to our surprise they told him it is a problem with their name. They are reversed;ex:instead of jon doe was doe jon.We asked what should be done bc the flight was in 6 hours. The Lufth. agent asked for copies of both passports and e mail tickets confirmations. We sent these with the assurement that everything will be solved before they will arrive at the airport. They went to Europe without problems but when they checked in in the European airport were told the tickets were cancelled. Stressed and upset my husband both 2 new tickets for 3000 cad in order to get home in Canada.e home we tried to get to the bottom of this but neither of the companies will take responsibility.How should I solve this? Thank you.

My husband bougth 2 round tickets from Expedia with Lufthansa from Toronto to Bucharest , one stop in Frankfurt. We have made 2 calls to both to make sure there are not problems and they confirmed everything is ok.In the last day my hubby made a last call to Lufthansa and to our surprise they told him it is a problem with their name. They are reversed;ex:instead of jon doe was doe jon.We asked what should be done bc the flight was in 6 hours. The Lufth. agent asked for copies of both passports and e mail tickets confirmations. We sent these with the assurement that everything will be solved before they will arrive at the airport. They went to Europe without problems but when they checked in in the European airport were told the tickets were cancelled. Stressed and upset my husband both 2 new tickets for 3000 cad in order to get home in Canada.e home we tried to get to the bottom of this but neither of the companies will take responsibility.How should I solve this? Thank you.

First of all, we are a US focused law forum.
We aren't elitist, just uninformed about the laws across the planet.

You need to find yourselves a forum that discuses Canadian law.
You could also speak with a couple solicitors.

You can also write to the CTA.

This is their website, and you can even file a complaint online:

https://services.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/air-complaints

Don't get your hope sup, however.

The SNAFU you've described rarely gets resolved in the favor of the passenger.
Why?
The tariffs under which all regulated airlines operate.
These tariffs and laws go back to the first third of the 20th century.
Anyway, it won't hurt to try.

Back