Exemplary employee wants to know why I was laid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

baboo1974

I fully understand the economic climate of the country. I also understand that many companies, including the one I just got laid off from, are tightening their belts and letting people go. I was given a fair severance package too. My issue is that I had been with this company for 9 years(8 years 11 months to be exact). I was an exemplary employee, with raving reviews from all my leaders and people I interact with. I received a 7% raise last year, while many others only received a maximum of 3%.

I had worked as an instructor in my most recent department for almost 3 years, and as an instructor in another department for 2 years. The company decided to restructure and form a corporate training team. I can't understand why I wasn't asked to join?

I understand that my particular department eliminated the training position, but I know that some of the people who were "asked" (because there was no interview process) to be part of the new team, have far less experience than me. If was my salary, I would have been willing to take a pay cut to stay. I want to know why I wasn't chosen to serve on that new team.

Do I pursue and try to get an answer from my company or do I just let it go? If I didn't ask someone, I would always be wondering.

Thank you in advance for any support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back