Executor making up rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadie3277

My grandfather and father died 4 years ago and my g.f. left a sizeable estate in a living trust. The largest asset of the trust is a business, and the shares are in appelate court, but there is other money available.

The trust states that I am to receive money at 23, 27 and 30, in equal installments, and annual interest in between. No accounting has been filed to date, and at last request, the executor stated that she still had not received a bill from the attorney (for 4 years of work). My brother and sister are also beneficiaries, but are not eligible for their money yet. I also receive a slightly larger percentage. Does the executor have the right to hold all monies until the entire trust is settled, or does she have to make some distributions based on the eligibility age and availability of other funds?

Also, can the executor (also a beneficiary), take as much as they like in distribution, or does everyone have to have the same amount until a final estate value is reached?

I had an attorney who managed to get me $10k of my money, but it cost me $2k of that, and I still haven't received any answers. I hate to waste my money on another one. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back