Ex-wife Hacked Email Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyavl

My ex-wife admitted to hacking my password to email accounts. This was roughly 2 years ago and at the time - a military lawyer printed off for me a court case which cited federal law that prohibits such things 'even' if the couple are married and living in the same house. So long as the husband does not give consent to the wife to use a password - she's illegally looking at the email account.

I'm in search of this case law so I can use it now because it did not stop and it's only gotten worse now that I'm remarried. Someone is reading my current wife's email now as well. We've set up a situation that allows us to know either my ex-wife is reading it or someone else is and feeding the information to her. Can someone please tell me where to find this cited case or cases. This one in particular was almost exactly the same situation as my current case except the roles were reversed of husband and wife if my memory is correct. The websites with case law etc are just too hard to find because Google keeps pulling up "How to find out if your spouse is cheating." Thanks

I charge $250 per hour for such legal research.

How many hours do you want me to work?

(Payment for a minimum of ten hours is required before I start.)

You've got to choose an email not so easy to hack using numbers and letters, upper and lower case. Report the unauthorized access to the administrator of the email account. Use a secured site if you are using wireless in your home. Beyond that you would have to hire someone to trace the account to whoever is hacking; then, file charges and/or restraining order.

But what if they have password saved on their cpu? It doesn't matter what they change it too, they will always have the password right? Just wondering...

Me and my current wife have done what's necessary to secure ourselves now. But just before that - she (ex-wife) somehow or a source went and did it again. In either case I have proof by way of her discussing things in a recorded conversation that could've ONLY come from an email, AND she discussed them aloud before any of the recepients on the email read it and talked about it aloud or over phone etc. Another words - she got stung now what do I press charges on other then invasion of privacy?

2 Yrs ago - (No saved passwords on CPU) she claimed to have used a skill of taking bits and pieces of different old passwords of mine until she hacked into the account. She claimed that's how she did it. When I thought of the email password - she was right that she could have done that BUT it did not give her the right to do it still.

That's the reason I'm looking for the legal precedent because I KNOW it exists but just not savvy enough to find the right one. I have a good attorney but she's a family law and criminal attorney and never dealt with this at this level.

Thanks for you input - more then one set of eyes/brains helps.

Change email accounts then with different server.

I wanted to add, never save your password or loggin where it says Remember Me on loggin page of email accounts. Don't check off that option. Just loggin and put password in everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back