ex taking me back for custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

seffysmiles

My ex is taking me back to court again for him to get custody. The last time he dropped it as we were ordered into mediation. I have taken ALL the steps the mediator suggested and the ex and I were communicating better..........or so I thought. Our 7yr old has food allergies as well as stomach issues and has gone to the hospital and drs for it. He is not following the specialty diet she is supposed to be on by giving her things she is not supposed to have like wheat. For almost 2mo. he wouldn't even take our 10yr old cause he said she was too difficult and he just couldn't deal with her. Now the court papers I got say I'm not providing a stable environment, and have neglected our children. Really not worried about either of those cause there is no evidence to suggest they are anything but spoiled and loved. The other points he has no grounding either. My question is can he get into trouble for taking be back to court over things he swears are true but are unfounded? He's already going to be in trouble once I let the judge know about the bonus money he was supposed to pay me for the girls and didn't. I have proof. But this latest paper not only slams me but it also affects my husband who does provide for us. He is wondering if he has grounds for a civil suit for defimation of character or libel since these obvious lies were written down in legal documents and filed.

Also I don't have the money to keep going back to court over and over. Any way I can get him to stop taking me unless there is a valid reason?

Not really, no.

Eventually though the court will get sick of him - and while they cannot prevent him from filing every five minutes, they can certainly sanction him and you can request that he pays your attorney feels/court costs.

There is no case for defamation here, since court proceedings are generally protected from defamation suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back