Ex spouse wanting to relocate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtenglund

My Wife has filed for divorce. In doing so she had it drawn up by a lawyer to her benefit. It lists her as primary parent. We had talked about joint custody and had agreed upon that. She stated that Washington state does not recognize joint custody. I have found out now that she has been seeing another guy she met online who lives back east. She has just went back and visited him and is now contemplating moving there. How can I stop her from taking the kids out of state away from me? How can i get custody to prevent this?

Get yourself an attorney. Block this move. You have EVERY right to prevent your children from being relocated.

Do NOT agree to this!

Yes I have a apointment tomorow to do so. I have heard that it is a major deal to move the children away from the other parent. That in Washington it has gone to the supreme court and the children were ordered to stay as it would be a major change and shock to them. That the only way to do so is by a consenting parents ok. In my case it would be a NO

Yes I have a apointment tomorow to do so. I have heard that it is a major deal to move the children away from the other parent. That in Washington it has gone to the supreme court and the children were ordered to stay as it would be a major change and shock to them. That the only way to do so is by a consenting parents ok. In my case it would be a NO

I live in WA and am very familiar with how this works.

The courts CAN go against your wishes and allow Mom to relocate WITH the children, despite your objection. This is why you need an attorney.

Stop listening to mom. See an attorney and file for custody to stop the move. She must prove the move is in the kids best interest. If she is able to prove this, they may let her move and then I would fight for her to pay for travel costs for the kids and get a detailed visitation schedule. Half of every school break, X-mas vacation, etc..

If she is moving to pursue a relationship with a man she met online there is a good chance she will not be able to move.

Stop listening to mom. See an attorney and file for custody to stop the move. She must prove the move is in the kids best interest. If she is able to prove this, they may let her move and then I would fight for her to pay for travel costs for the kids and get a detailed visitation schedule. Half of every school break, X-mas vacation, etc..

If she is moving to pursue a relationship with a man she met online there is a good chance she will not be able to move.

Oh, MOM will be able to move wherever the heck she chooses.

The kids, however, may not ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back