Ex Husband Holding Back on Kid's Medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten65

My ex husband is on an out-of-the-country vacation. When he dropped off our kids there was a discrepancy between what I was expecting of a CII controlled substance and what he handed me (18 tablets, to be exact). I contacted my ex, who had the balance of the medication but did not deliver it. I contacted the physician who wrote new prescriptions. He eventually fessed up to the entire rest of the prescription after what I imagine was an unpleasant conversation with his attorney.

This caused a whole lot of stress for a lot of people. I want him to pay for the attorney's fees, but I also feel that this was such an outrageous act on his part he needs to
held accountable.

Previously we had been in court on custody. We have 50/50 but I think it's a terrible arrangement for the kids. I don't want my ex-husband to not know his kids, but he's playing games with medication for who knows why. The GAL is still involved in our case.

I would like to know if this will tip the judge's hand -- or the GAL's hand -- in our favor.

Thank you very much.

If this is a one-off, the chances are superb that he'll get nothing but a minor slap on the wrist.

If he has a habit of hiding, hoarding or otherwise keeping your mutual child's meds, that's another thing entirely.

No self respecting, practicing drug abuser and addict would pilfer small quantities of manna.
They're reminiscent of the old Alka Seltzer commercials: THEY EAT THE WHOLE THING!
Then they'd concoct bizarre lies about being robbed or losing the manna.
The drug addicts and abusers I've represented rarely ADMIT or CONFESS.
In fact, do the research, many get bounced from certain recovery programs for not showing remorse, confessing, apologizing, and atoning for their transgressions.
They tend to be self absorbed, as well as self serving.

Any crime you allege was apparently carried out in another country and therefore US laws do not apply. The rest I am sure he will note was simply an oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back