Ex fling just told me her son is mine after 14 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

laguna6866

14 years ago I was messing around with a girl who was married. I had a feeling she was pregnant, but she denied it. I went on with my life. Moved to NY, got married, and have two kids of my own.

Here we are today...14 years later...she was able to locate me, and told me the news. Her husband (soon to be ex) knew the kid wasn't his from day one. He's supported, and loved him like his own. His last name is on the kids birth certificate.

I'm very upset she has kept this lie from me for all these years. I've seen pictures, and the kid is undoubtedly mine. She says she want nothing from me. She's just trying to relieve some of the guilt she's been carrying around for so long.

Here's my question...after her and her husband get divorced, can I be responsible for any type of child support? Do I have any rights?

14 years ago I was messing around with a girl who was married. I had a feeling she was pregnant, but she denied it. I went on with my life. Moved to NY, got married, and have two kids of my own.

Here we are today...14 years later...she was able to locate me, and told me the news. Her husband (soon to be ex) knew the kid wasn't his from day one. He's supported, and loved him like his own. His last name is on the kids birth certificate.

I'm very upset she has kept this lie from me for all these years. I've seen pictures, and the kid is undoubtedly mine. She says she want nothing from me. She's just trying to relieve some of the guilt she's been carrying around for so long.

Here's my question...after her and her husband get divorced, can I be responsible for any type of child support? Do I have any rights?

You're going to love this answer.
I know I would.
So, here's the deal: Many years ago, men thought they were the BOSS of everything.
Being BOSS, has many responsibilities.
When men and women were married, the officiant would alsways say, "I now pronounce you MAN and WIFE."
Why? Because MAN wanted to be BOSS.

Now, many KNEW man wasn't BOSS, and being BOSS has its costs.

Hang on, let me set this up, please. LOL

Anyway, MAN was head of the household, BOSS.

He had to capture game, pretend to make important decisions, including being embarrassed if WIFE played around or was ever raped and became PREGGERS.

So, in their collective wisdom, the WISE MEN decreed that if WIFE (she couldn't be WIFE if she weren't) ever got preggers by ANYONE, BOSS (husband) was LEGALLY the father.

Those dummies didn't have paternity tests, you see.

So, in summation, no; YOU can never be responsible for any of the lad's support.
You are not, nor can you ever be (you don't want to know the exceptions, trust me) the legal father.
If I were you, I'd change my telephone number, and never speak with that WIFE of that other dumb dude, AGAIN.

I always find it funny, perhaps sardonic, how when guilt weighs one person down; they want to smear it all over everyone else in their miserable lives.

Keep a wide birth from HER.

I had one stalk a client of mine some years ago.
It wasn't pretty how that played out, and was also pretty expensive for PLAYER MAN.

Seriously, the husband is the putative father under the law of every state in this country, coupled with his name on the birth certificate.

As long as you were clueless, you were okay.

But, when she told you (if she can prove it), that could change.

Good for you that you live in a state that requires your permission to record a telephone conversation.

But, be smart, keep your distance and stay uninformed.

Well, that you didn't follow up years ago isn't really Mom's fault.

But "no" and "no" are the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back