Ex filed TRO even tho Ive raised my son his entire life

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

My ex recently filed a tro against me, stating I am to have no contact with my child. We broke up 8 yrs ago. I have been raising my son since birth. We have never gone to court for support or even custody, he has always helped when I needed it. I recently went on a trip to help my sick mother, who lives in another state. I left my son with his father while I was gone. Upon returning, my ex has refused to give back my son, not let me call or contact him in any way, and has now filed a tro, saying I am an unfit mother. I have called the police to help me, but the officers said I have to case since we have never been to court. I need help! What do I do?

Hire an attorney. I don't know what happened and we are missing a big piece. I am assuming that the court believed your ex and gave him temporary custody of the child. Others here are more experienced with regard to custody matters and what you can do within the state when your child is removed from your home. But you need to speak to an attorney in the event involving them may affect you - as I'm assuming that there might be some issues which may have resulted in the TRO being brought.

Let's assume this case is based upon false allegations. If you win you can also sue your ex for damages and attorneys' fees. Many don't realize the consequences of filing a TRO with grossly exaggerated or false information. I cannot speak to the validity of the claims made by your ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back