Ex doesn't think it's a big deal not to pay child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

workinmom

I have consulted with an attorney but can't afford the retainer. My ex and I divorced 8 years ago and have two children. He has NEVER paid child support on time if he bothered to pay at all. He would be six months behind and I would tell him to just forget about the back support just start over this month and he still wouldn't pay like he should. He has been remarried for about six years,she has two children and doesn't work. I found out they were PAYING for her daughter to go to school. About 4 years ago I contacted an organization in Texas (I live in Mississippi) to collect child support, after they deducted their fees it wasn't much left and they weren't really doing a better job collecting than I was. But when I did that, he stopped paying his half of the medical insurance (that is in our divorce papers) that I have to pay through my employer but is constantly calling for the insurance information if they need something taken care of when they are with him. I have never denied him visitation and would swap weekends if he was working or if one of the children were sick and he gets them for half of the summer and we rotate holidays. What do I do? Anywhere I turn to for help wants money up front. Shouldn't he be held liable since he is in contemp of a court order to pay child support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back