ex damages credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHARP

I've been seperated/divorced almost six years and went to apply for a loan and turned down because she has been late occationally on the mortgage payment which I am still signed on. Was married to her for ten years, two years before she filed for divorce she quit her job. Terms of the divorces she gets the house via a quit claim deed and is supposed to refinance the mortgage into her name as soon as possible allowing time for her to obtain employment AT the time the divorce was final she had perfect credit since I had kept all the bills, loans etc paid. She is now working but has damaged credit herself due to credit cards and etc obtained after the divorce and can not get refinancing for the mortgage. I had paid off all of the marital debt and at this point owe nothing to any creditors but my credit rating is low due to her late payments.
We have two children which she has custody of and I am told there is nothing that can be done since the court doesn't want to put the house up for sale since the children also live there. I say unfair, is this right ?.

Whether or not this is fair or whether a modification may be in order may also be governed by whether the amount of time that has elapsed for her to refinance is reasonable. The best interests of the children is a huge factor in many court decisions, regardless of what may or may not seem unfair -- and they are your children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back