Ex Boss Wont Pay Wages / Commissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adioking

An ex Boss of mine is refusing to pay me what he owes me for the time that I worked for him, including the commissions in which I earned working for him which amount to over $1000.

I worked there during the summer for 2 months and him and I agreed that he would pay me $9 an hour plus 5% commission. This was a verbal agreement and I have witnesses. I talked to him on the phone today and I made it very clear that I am prepared to file a concilliation court claim against him if he does not pay me, but he tried stating that "I didn't do the work" which is a false statement.

He did not write up a contract to say that I was working for him as an "independent contractor." Is there a penalty for that? Also, is there a penalty for wrongfully withholding my paycheck?

What can I do and what are my rights regarding an issue such as this? Remember, there is over $1000 involved in this case.

Dan

You need to file a dispute with your Dept Of Labor. Unless you have this in writing they may or may not take any action.

Your recourse is to file a small claim. You should gather as much evidence as possible including notarized statements from these witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back