Ex-boss hacking into email account and changing password

Status
Not open for further replies.

botia

My ex-boss has thrice today hacked into my yahoo email account and changed my password. The first time, I didn't suspect what was going on and figured I had been phished, so I went in and changed the password. The second time, I got on the phone with yahoo and got them to change the security information. I don't know how he managed the third time, because the new security info and password were much more cryptic. He changed all of my personal info to his own, as well.

My yahoo account was not created for work purposes, and I have had it since before I started working there. I feel that I am being harrassed. He was a very abusive person (screaming, throwing things), and I left the job because he was being very verbally abusive for several days in a row. He is not mentally stable.

I want to know, is there a course of action I can take for the cyber stalking, and should I be worried enough to take out a restraining order in the real world as well?

My ex-boss has thrice today hacked into my yahoo email account and changed my password. The first time, I didn't suspect what was going on and figured I had been phished, so I went in and changed the password. The second time, I got on the phone with yahoo and got them to change the security information. I don't know how he managed the third time, because the new security info and password were much more cryptic. He changed all of my personal info to his own, as well.

My yahoo account was not created for work purposes, and I have had it since before I started working there. I feel that I am being harrassed. He was a very abusive person (screaming, throwing things), and I left the job because he was being very verbally abusive for several days in a row. He is not mentally stable.

I want to know, is there a course of action I can take for the cyber stalking, and should I be worried enough to take out a restraining order in the real world as well?
How do you know your ex-boss was trying to hack into your Yahoo! account and not someone else? Second, what number did you contact Yahoo! on that they provided you with this information as well as the details?

At this point, you may want to ignore and move on unless you've got something you are seriously worried about. Time spent may not bring the results you seek. Change all your passwords for your accounts and hopefully you can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back