Eviction~threw out me & my daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

January4

Hello

Please I need help!
I got into a car accident in April 2013 so I emailed my landlords to ask for patience for collecting the rent but they still put a summary for eviction on my door! So...I went to court to file a 'motion to stay' on May 21st but the judge denied it on May 22nd & the constable kicked me & my lil girl (who is 6) out on May 24th! The landlords said I only have from 9:30 to 5:00 to get all my stuff out on May 28th! Is there any legal recourse I can pursue? I am disabled with a very bad back & have SSI to prove it! The car accident made my back pain MUCH worse! Should I contact a lawyer tomorrow morning?? please help!! Thanks in advance!!

Hello

Please I need help!
I got into a car accident in April 2013 so I emailed my landlords to ask for patience for collecting the rent but they still put a summary for eviction on my door! So...I went to court to file a 'motion to stay' on May 21st but the judge denied it on May 22nd & the constable kicked me & my lil girl (who is 6) out on May 24th! The landlords said I only have from 9:30 to 5:00 to get all my stuff out on May 28th! Is there any legal recourse I can pursue? I am disabled with a very bad back & have SSI to prove it! The car accident made my back pain MUCH worse! Should I contact a lawyer tomorrow morning?? please help!! Thanks in advance!!

You have been evicted, legally dispossessed.

Its a very simple matter.

You pay your rent when its due.

Your problem is NOT your landlord's problem.

You failed to pay, your landlord took you to court.

Due process has been had by all, and you have been evicted.

Of course you can speak to any lawyer, but there's nothing a lawyer can do for you at this late date.

Yes, you have issues, but so does your landlord.

I suggest you seek a new place to live.

The other show will drop when you do.

You've been evicted, and your name is in a database.

You'll find it very difficult to rent an apartment for a decade or longer.

In fact, you could encounter trouble renting a home.

The eviction was just the start of many bad things yet to be unveiled.

Army Judge is correct that your landlord did nothing wrong. You didn't pay your rent (even if it was beyond your control), took you to court & legally evicted you.

Do you have any family who can help you? If not, try the Salvation Army or the United Way for help. Good luck to you & your little girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back