Eviction process when arrangements have been made

Status
Not open for further replies.

daa0812

Last month my apartment complex made arrangments with Arapahoe County Social Services to help me with my rent due to a situation with my adult daughter and her two children, they have not paid yet but have been in touch with the leasing manager about the issue. I paid my rent in full this month but part of it was applied to last months past due balance, I got a call from the leasing manager earlier this week and she basically was threatening eviction unless I came up with the rest of the money. The social worker I have been dealing with contacted the leasing manager to advise her that the money was forthcoming. Today I had a notice on my door stating that if I didn't pay them by close of business today, that on Monday the matter would be turned over to the attorneys and the eviction process would begin and I would have to pay attorney fees and court costs. Can they do this? I have the 2 children in my care now while my daughter is in Rehab and the county is also assisting with child care and other costs associated with my daughters' rehab and aftercare at a halfway house. I could use any advise. Thank you.

Denise

Last edited by a moderator:
The Landlord has bills as well and he cant pay them if you ar enot paying rent on time. Does not matter what social services tells him. Rent is due on its due date paid in full of he can begin eviction process

OP, you won't be evicted.

You've simply received a notice to pay or vacate, I suspect.

This protects the property, if the state fails to pay.

I suggest you do two things on Monday.

First visit the social worker.

Don't rely onthe telephone.

Yeah, it sucks, but you have to go to the mountain.
It ain't coming to you.
See your worker, or any case worker.
Take your documents, and ask for help in sorting thus out.
Be polite, pleasant, and deferential.
Demanding in the presence if those people isn't wise.
You need their help.
They don't need yours.
Usually, they'll make a couple calls and quiet the storms.

If part one works, you can just go home.

If it failed, visit the apartment manager, be nice, and plead (beg if necessary) for more time.

Yeah, that'll suck, but it'll keep the big, bad wolf away!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back