Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Evading with strike prior

mikhalarojas07

Jurisdiction
California
I have a felony evading with the strike prior and I recently got a failure to appear and I was trying to get a reinstatement for my bail and my public defender in for me that I may be remanded is that even legit considering the fact that I mistakenly mixed up my court date and am trying to get back on calendar and reinstate my bail. Dont i have a right to remain out on bail

I have a felony evading with the strike prior and I recently got a failure to appear and I was trying to get a reinstatement for my bail and my public defender in for me that I may be remanded is that even legit considering the fact that I mistakenly mixed up my court date and am trying to get back on calendar and reinstate my bail. Dont i have a right to remain out on bail

Yes, bail is a right.
Bail can't be excessive in order to punish a defendant.
I suggest you discuss your predicament only with your lawyer.

The GOOD NEWS for you is you're in CA.

CA is a state troubled with financial and funding issues.

CA is reluctant to incarcerate offenses such as the one you're accused of committing, even with low level priors.

I suggest you don't "forget" ANY COURT DATES.

You'll probably get another chance to bite the legal apple, but don't screw it up.

While you're waiting, avail yourself of other RIGHTS, the RIGHT not to incriminate yourself, the RIGHT to not be forced to testify against yourself, and the RIGHT to remain silent!!!

Back