Consumer Law, Warranties ethics of breaking a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawStudentCU

it has been hypothesized that although written contracts are a must in the US that it has beencome increasingly easy to get out of them. Recently i have seen several contracts that one party has attemted to cancel, just because they would not make much or any profit.

Is it legal to let people break contracts? under what, if any, circumstances? is it ethical to let them break the contract?

You respond to this one, but not mine????

Dee Dub...

Just curious...why did you respond to this law student's typo-ridden post...but not to my legitimate request for guidance? You seem to be well respected on this board, and I would value your opinion.

Thanks.
Equilution

Last edited:
I answered this one because sometimes I just do things for kicks. Don't know why I didn't answer yours - luck of the draw, maybe I missed your post, maybe I passed on answering because it's not my forte. I'll have a look.

wow, you realized its homework. yes its homework, was it my user name that gave it away "LawStudentCU"? i didnt think i was going to get very good responses on this site. just by gaging from this forum i can see that its full of self satisfying jerk offs.

oh and Equilution, you a need bitch. does dee_dub give you a reach-around!

wow, you realized its homework. yes its homework, was it my user name that gave it away "LawStudentCU"? i didnt think i was going to get very good responses on this site. just by gaging from this forum i can see that its full of self satisfying jerk offs.

oh and Equilution, you a need bitch. does dee_dub give you a reach-around!
It's not the first time that we have had students come here, commit an action that could be in violation of their own school's rules and then open up a mouth on top of it.

(1) dee_dub's question was perfectly appropriate. If it's homework or an exam you are doing, chances are we shouldn't be helping you answer it. If you're in law school, you should be able to appreciate this more and understand the issue.

(2) Perhaps you may want to have articulated your question better. No offense, but if you were in my class and wrote as you did I'd have little choice but to put you at the bottom. There is a saying "GIGO" - if you don't put much effort into asking, you're not going to get meaningful responses out of that effort.

Regarding your thought... I don't know what to say. Breach of contract has its remedies. The law doesn't want people to break their promises but also respects the freedom of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back