Estate hijacked

Lafromva2

My dad had a will, naming my brother executor. My brother lived in a different state. Mom became ill first and my brother visited often she passed. My brother had to go back to work so he went home. He returned shortly after and found our sister had moved into dads and had his path blocked to only allow him to his bedroom and bathroom. My brother argued about the intrusion with my sister. Dad seemed confused as to why he was being treated this way. My brother left. He had work but returned to check on dad. That's when he discovered our sister had moved dad into her home. Brother and sister argued bad words were spoken and included my sister saying dad had signed POA over to her. He never saw a document, he seen dad and dad seemed not to realize who was alive and who was dead . He questioned dads attorney about dad not being coherent and not in a stable mind frame to do that. The attorney replyed "I will swear he was". Dad died shortly after. I have witness that sis left the house immediately and closed dads bank account. When my brother tried to fulfill his duty as executor the administrator and sis made things difficult for him. Such as she got 15, death certificates from furnural home so when brother tried to get a copy the funeral home refused saying she my sis had already gotten ,15. I had a friend there that was calling me in Virginia telling me things that my sister was doing stealing from the property trees shrubbery items. I reported this to the attorney and brother. The attorney said he would speak to her but things got we started arguing putting him in the middle. my brother was having a hard time and he just said he quit. Me and him fell out and didn't speak to each other again.The courts name the sister that was stealing as the new executor because she lived in the state. The house sold the heirs never received a list of exactly what my parents value was, but I know It was alot. They were part of the wrongful death act that was the highest paid out ever in the state of Michigan. I know they own two pieces of land. anyway, my sister ended up leaving with the estate disappearing that was what the attorney told us then shortly after that he quit. The new attorney took over and apply for the bond money and said there would be a warrant issued for my sister and then he would follow up on that. Since this I located my sister and reported to the attorney he said he would notify the bonding company. When I mentioned the warrant he acted surprised he didn't know what I was talking about. I started talking to my brother recently and found out that the original attorney had offered him a bribe with some money that my sister didn't even know about it. This attorney was also my sister and my boss way before he became an attorney when he was studying to be an attorney. But he didn't quit for conflict of interest until he quit after she stole the money I know he had a hand in helping her steal the money. She is she right now is living in the same town as she was when she stole the money. There has been no arrest warm for her I have requested the probate papers and idea to get them by next week probate probably ended in 2008 can I still file charges against her and the attorney

My dad had a will, naming my brother executor. My brother lived in a different state. Mom became ill first and my brother visited often she passed. My brother had to go back to work so he went home. He returned shortly after and found our sister had moved into dads and had his path blocked to only allow him to his bedroom and bathroom. My brother argued about the intrusion with my sister. Dad seemed confused as to why he was being treated this way. My brother left. He had work but returned to check on dad. That's when he discovered our sister had moved dad into her home. Brother and sister argued bad words were spoken and included my sister saying dad had signed POA over to her. He never saw a document, he seen dad and dad seemed not to realize who was alive and who was dead . He questioned dads attorney about dad not being coherent and not in a stable mind frame to do that. The attorney replyed "I will swear he was". Dad died shortly after. I have witness that sis left the house immediately and closed dads bank account. When my brother tried to fulfill his duty as executor the administrator and sis made things difficult for him. Such as she got 15, death certificates from furnural home so when brother tried to get a copy the funeral home refused saying she my sis had already gotten ,15. I had a friend there that was calling me in Virginia telling me things that my sister was doing stealing from the property trees shrubbery items. I reported this to the attorney and brother. The attorney said he would speak to her but things got we started arguing putting him in the middle. my brother was having a hard time and he just said he quit. Me and him fell out and didn't speak to each other again.The courts name the sister that was stealing as the new executor because she lived in the state. The house sold the heirs never received a list of exactly what my parents value was, but I know It was alot. They were part of the wrongful death act that was the highest paid out ever in the state of Michigan. I know they own two pieces of land. anyway, my sister ended up leaving with the estate disappearing that was what the attorney told us then shortly after that he quit. The new attorney took over and apply for the bond money and said there would be a warrant issued for my sister and then he would follow up on that. Since this I located my sister and reported to the attorney he said he would notify the bonding company. When I mentioned the warrant he acted surprised he didn't know what I was talking about. I started talking to my brother recently and found out that the original attorney had offered him a bribe with some money that my sister didn't even know about it. This attorney was also my sister and my boss way before he became an attorney when he was studying to be an attorney. But he didn't quit for conflict of interest until he quit after she stole the money I know he had a hand in helping her steal the money. She is she right now is living in the same town as she was when she stole the money. There has been no arrest warm for her I have requested the probate papers and idea to get them by next week probate probably ended in 2008 can I still file charges against her and the attorney

You can't file charges against anyone.
You can report things to the police, if the police decide to respond.
The police will make an arrest(s), or recommend action to the prosecutor.
The prosecutor can ignore, or choose to act.

As far as death certificates, you can buy (sometimes receive one) from the county clerk.

As far as you protesting any prior actions, I suggest you consult a licensed VA attorney as to how you can proceed.

So you say she can steal everything disappear and then come back to the same town and live with no repercussions. The administrator attorney that was my in her boss prior to should not have quit when we started arguing for conflict of interest he waited till after she stole the money then he quit why do people have Wills and have attorneys looking over them if they're not abided by? Why did the second attorney tell me the rest for movie put out for my sister and there never was The Heirs were lied to and not kept informed of what was going on with the estate. Doesn't the law protect them in any way or is it because it's been so many years please answer

So you say she can steal everything disappear and then come back to the same town and live with no repercussions. The administrator attorney that was my in her boss prior to should not have quit when we started arguing for conflict of interest he waited till after she stole the money then he quit why do people have Wills and have attorneys looking over them if they're not abided by? Why did the second attorney tell me the rest for movie put out for my sister and there never was The Heirs were lied to and not kept informed of what was going on with the estate. Doesn't the law protect them in any way or is it because it's been so many years please answer
That should have said arrest warrant will be put out for her and there never was

That should have said arrest warrant will be put out for her and there never was

If there was no arrest warrant, the prosecutor must have believed there was not probable cause to arrest anyone.

Ask the prosecutor, ask the sheriff, ask the police, other than those few; no one else knows more than you.

If there was no arrest warrant, the prosecutor must have believed there was not probable cause to arrest anyone.

Ask the prosecutor, ask the sheriff, ask the police, other than those few; no one else knows more than you.
Thank you for your response I think I'm going to wait till I get the probate file and see what it entails then I'm going to contact the prosecutor and the bond company and find out why she was not arrested. I know the first attorney stopped payment of the money once because she told him she was going to sue the estate, but she never filed any paperwork. At that time we would have each got 60,000 and there's 6 of us that's quite a bit of money but thank you for your time I don't understand how he could stop Disbursement of the money that time without the court he stopped a court order on her say so that she was going to sue the estate but never did. I think he just bought her more time to liquidate and remove assets. Can you please answer this if I find an attorney to take this case as far as the time limit this is 2017 he died in 2004 it was in Probate in 2005 and close in 2008. I didn't find out all this information till I started talking to my brother again recently I never received no paperwork from nobody except the new attorney.

Thank you for your response I think I'm going to wait till I get the probate file and see what it entails then I'm going to contact the prosecutor and the bond company and find out why she was not arrested. I know the first attorney stopped payment of the money once because she told him she was going to sue the estate, but she never filed any paperwork. At that time we would have each got 60,000 and there's 6 of us that's quite a bit of money but thank you for your time I don't understand how he could stop Disbursement of the money that time without the court he stopped a court order on her say so that she was going to sue the estate but never did. I think he just bought her more time to liquidate and remove assets. Can you please answer this if I find an attorney to take this case as far as the time limit this is 2017 he died in 2004 it was in Probate in 2005 and close in 2008. I didn't find out all this information till I started talking to my brother again recently I never received no paperwork from nobody except the new attorney.

Okay, start by reading this brochure published by your VA state courts explaining the probate process in VA:

http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/circuit/resources/probate_in_virginia.pdf

BTW, my father was born in Grubbtown "also called Blacklick" VA way up on the "ridge, back of that there holler down over by the spring" as my relatives described it.

True, salt of the earth pioneers, that worked the soil to eek out their living honestly.

Spent many a summer "way off in the holler", wonderful state, beautiful, patriotic people of those beautiful Appalachian Mountains, true mountain folk.

Sorry, i digress.

I don't think VA has a SOL specifically addressing probate.
The guidance I've found suggests probate should be opened no later than 30 days after the funeral.
That doesn't appear to be hard and fast because we all grieve differently.
It also takes time for documents to be found, and relatives from all over to arrive.

As to statute-of-limitations discussions GENERALLY, the clock normally starts to tick when the claim arises.

The law refers to this as the moment the plaintiff has a basis to bring an action, or discovers a claim. Certain events or circumstances can delay or "toll" statutes of limitations, essentially lengthening the time period for bringing a claim.

A person might be gravely ill, out of the country, in the military in a combat zone, in prison or jail, attending to an ill relative, at the funeral of another relative, etc...

Even if you had a legal remedy for the dastardly deeds and miscreant acts of your relative(s), I doubt there would be any money left in a significant amount to make a civil suit financially wise.

That doesn't preclude a criminal investigation, if you can energize law enforcement to look into your findings.

Please keep ALL of your discussion to this thread and don't open new ones. I've deleted your other post and moved the comment here:

This is LAfrpmva2
I forgot to mention my dad did die with a will none of his and moms wishes was done. Property that should have been sold and went into this state items I can see on my niece's pictures on Facebook in her house what can I do to help please

You might need your own probate attorney.

Please keep ALL of your discussion to this thread and don't open new ones. I've deleted your other post and moved the comment here:

This is LAfrpmva2
I forgot to mention my dad did die with a will none of his and moms wishes was done. Property that should have been sold and went into this state items I can see on my niece's pictures on Facebook in her house what can I do to help please

You might need your own probate attorney.
This was in Ohio how do I go about finding a probate attorney that's not from that area but practices in Ohio I live in Arizona I have no problem going there though

This was in Ohio how do I go about finding a probate attorney that's not from that area but practices in Ohio I live in Arizona I have no problem going there though
I went to another site it was getting ready to submit some information should I not do this and why would you tell me to say this site please explain

You can search here for attorneys that specialize in probate in AZ:
Free Legal Consultation with a Lawyer
Or, you can search here for AZ attorneys that practice probate law:
Find a Lawyer
You can search for OH lawyers here:
Free Legal Consultation with a Lawyer
Or here:
OSBA | For Public

This happened in Ohio Wouldn't I need an Ohio probate attorney or an attorney that can practice law in Ohio that maybe lives here I'm now reading about the laws in Ohio for the probate and executor and administrator in there is a lot of laws broken here if I just became aware of all this what is my time frame on doing something about it I've recently located the executor that took off with the money. I've reported her once before when I found her to the second attorney and I don't believe anything was done with it. I have paperwork from the second attorney saying that there was a warrant going to be put out for her that was never put out these attorneys knew each other personally just like my sister and myself to the first attorney because he was my boss and her boss when he was studying to be an attorney it was conflict of interest but he didn't leave until the money was gone this isn't right I'm just confused on what I found out from the original executor my brother since I recently started talking to him. find me an attorney

Are you still there or did I post on a different site or something

We are in and out for the most part.
Most of us are volunteers.
Someone is usually around.

If you look above (post 12 I think), I gave you OH lawyer search links near the bottom of my post.

Back