Enforcement of non compete after acquistion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagdionne

I was hired to work for my company 5 years ago - when I was hired, I signed a non-compete agreement. One year after I was hired, the company was purchased by a new parent company - 8 months later all of the sales personnel were asked to sign a new non-compete agreement and were to be given $50 consideration for signing it. I refused to sign it and I think it kind of "slipped thru the cracks" and i was never asked again. I made it quite clear to my last two managers that I am not under contract. My first question is now I am considering leaving - can the new company uphold an old non-compete when all other employees signed a new one with different "rules?"

Also - I have one major account which now wants to go to a provider that can give them much more options than my current company is able to and the customer is frustrated with several aspects of my current company- a company I am interested in moving to can handle the business and the customer is willing to give them a shot. Am I forced to stay where I am and lose my entire income when this account leaves or can I take that account elsewhere to be serviced?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Nobody can tell you over the internet what to do. Do you have a copy of the non-compete contract? I would have an attorney review it. Seems to me it might be hard for the company to enforce it since your agreement was with the former company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back